Devastated mum has heartbreaking warning about breastfeeding your baby in bed while tired
Less than two months after she welcomed her baby son, John, into the world, Kristin Hoffman was faced with the shattering task of saying goodbye to him.
A tragic accident cut seven-week-old John’s life painfully short, prompting Kristin to bravely put her aside her grief and “shame” to issue a warning to other parents.
Kristin had been breastfeeding her son in bed when she had fallen asleep and he became trapped under the covers, where his parents eventually found him.
“It greatly pains me and shames me that this happened but I have to ask you all to please share and spread the word,” Kristin wrote on Facebook last month.
“No matter how tired you are as a mother, GET UP AND GO TO A CHAIR or somewhere you wont fall asleep when you feed your child at night.
“My precious son slipped off my breast and into the covers of my bed early Sunday morning and into heaven.
“The way we discovered him was a tragedy I don’t want to hear happens to anyone else.”
Medics did manage to revive John, Kidspot reports.
However, by the time they were able to do so, he had already been starved of oxygen for too long, meaning his devastated parents had no other option than to let their son go. Source