A school teacher who got a 7inch sex toy lodged up her bum was forced to have it surgically removed after using BBQ prongs failed.
Emma Phillips was feeling amorous with partner Lee Miller, 29, during the early hours of Saturday morning when the sex toy ‘disappeared’.
Initially thinking Lee had hidden the vibrator under a pillow as a prank, it was only when the mum-of-one pressed down on her stomach and felt a buzzing that she realised it had vanished up her back passage.
After being rushed to hospital to have the toy surgically removed, Emma is now speaking out to warn others not allow embarrassment to stop them seeking help if they find themselves in a similar predicament.
Emma, 24, from Wallasey, Merseyside, said: “We were looking around the bed in case it had fallen out.”
“When I leaned on my stomach I could feel it vibrating – it was stuck low down and at one point was even wedged behind my hip.”
The passionate pair tried to extract the toy, bought for £28 as part of a couple’s sex aid pack, using a variety of DIY methods but to no avail.
Emma said: “For a while Lee was suggesting all kinds of wonderful options.
“He tried a kitchen fork handle, which we won’t be using again, and said he could feel it at one point but that it was too far up – it was a goner.
“He tried BBQ prongs too but after a certain point – after an hour of trying – we knew were going to have to go to hospital. We were both a bit shocked.”
After initially seeing the funny side Emma said that they quickly realised that she’d need medical help.
Within five minutes an ambulance arrived and rushed the pair to Wrexham Maelor Hospital in Wrexham, North Wales.
Emma spent the 45-minute journey perched on one of the seats and was hurried into a room for observations.