Twin baby girl choked to death in Debenhams store during shopping trip to buy first pair of shoes

0
SHARE

A 15-month-old twin girl choked to death during a shopping trip to buy her first pair of shoes – after being born with a one-in-a-million condition.

Tragic Hazel Eve Blake died after she and her identical twin sister Lily were born with the extremely rare condition tracheo-oesophageal fistula.

Mum Sally McKimm had taken both the girls to buy their first pair of shoes when Hazel began to choke at the Debenhams restaurant in Barrow, Cumbria.

First aiders managed to get her breathing again, but she died hours later from a cardiac arrest in hospital.

The twins underwent emergency surgery at birth for their condition, which means the oesophagus is not connected to the stomach.

Their mum Sally had taken the girls to buy their first pair of shoes when Hazel began to choke (Image: cascadenews.co.uk)
Their mum Sally had taken the girls to buy their first pair of shoes when Hazel began to choke (Image: cascadenews.co.uk)

They were one of only 30 pairs twins worldwide known to have the condition and even after surgery they could only eat liquidised food.

Mum Sally and dad Aydn Blake said although their daughter’s life was short, they were thankful for every moment they spent together as a family.

Sally, 32, said: “We would do lots together. It’s one thing that we’re so happy about. A lot of the time Aydn was still a student and he had a lot of time off.

“We went to Blackpool, Dalton zoo – the Saturday before she died we went to the zoo. They loved the monkeys the most.

“It was brilliant having two and that was one thing that I’ve found really hard. Having two and now just having one

“She just loved it all. Every time we had a day off together we’d sometimes just go to the park or the beach or for a walk. We did a lot of special things.” More from source [Mirror]

Bizarre moment man ‘shouts and screams while he poo in the middle of the street

 

Facebook Comments

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY