Topic: Divine Wisdom – Your LifeJacket In Adversity
SCRIPTURE: And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him. Wherefore when Saul saw that he behaved himself very wisely, he was afraid of him. 1 Samuel 18:14-15
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It takes the mentality of God to handle the calamities of life.
The wisdom of God is required for survival in this wicked world. The reason is that wisdom is a shield of defence (Ecclesiastes 7:12). That is to say, it takes the mentality of God to handle the calamities of life.
To be wise, therefore, is to live; and to be foolish is to die (prematurely) – Ecclesiastes 7:17.
The truth of the matter is, there are people who died, not because of the strength of the devil but because of the gravity of their foolishness.
So, mentality guarantees longevity; mentality averts calamity and guarantees safety. If a person is ‘wise-less’, he or she is defenceless, and therefore, vulnerable.
ALSO READ OTHER SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL: IN THE DAYS OF HIS POWER
Now, if wisdom is a defence, how is its preservation power administered on the one who possesses it?
1. Wisdom invites the Presence of God and invokes terror on the enemy (1 Samuel 18:14-15): There is a wisdom way to behave to make witches and wizards afraid of you.
2. Wisdom brings deliverance while foolishness brings destruction – Eccl. 9:15; Proverbs 10:21
3. Wisdom prolongs life while foolishness shortens life: Let me make this simple illustration: imagine someone driving at night without a functional headlamp and windscreen wiper while there is heavy downpour. He continues to drive in the middle of the road. Assuming a trailer is parked right at the centre of the road; the result will be a fatal collision. That is the result of foolishness, and it will never be your portion in Jesus’ Name.
So, foolishness facilitates premature death but wisdom guarantees longevity of life.
Remember this: It takes the mentality of God to handle the calamities of life.
1. Live in the Presence of God through uprightness, praise, worship and prayer.
2. Avoid the path of foolishness.
3. Get a copy of the book, “21 Foolish Things People Do” by Dr Paul Enenche.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: WISDOM KEYS FOR SURVIVAL (PART 1&2)
PRAYER: LORD, baptise me with the Spirit of Wisdom. Help me to deploy wisdom in all I do for the guarantee of my safety and preservation in life, LORD in Jesus’ Name.
QUOTE: Strategy is superior to strength in life’s battles. Wars are fought on the battlefield, but they are won from the strategy room. Culled from BE WISE & RISE! By Dr Paul Enenche.
DAILY READING: 2 Kings 20:1 to 22:2, Acts 21:18 to 36, Psalm 150:1 to 6, Proverbs 18:9 to 10
AMAZING FACT: Neurons multiply at a rate of 250,000 neurons per minute during early pregnancy.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 02/07/2001 – The AbioCor self-contained artificial heart was first implanted.
PROPHETIC PARENTAL BLESSING: I declare the blessing of the womb upon you; I declare that your life shall be a blessing to your generation in Jesus’ Name.