BBC News broadcaster Kate Silverton has revealed how she was just “seconds from death” after eating a prawn salad at Ascot.
|Kate Silverton at Ascot Racecourse in 2010 (Photo: PA)|
Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, she said: “I have come under fire in Iraq, but the closest I have come to death was when I was presenting at Royal Ascot .
“After finishing work I ate a prawn salad – 20 minutes later I passed out in an alleyway. A specialist later told me I was seconds from death due to a severe allergy to shellfish.”