The media team of US president-elect Donald Trump’s team has reportedly removed the statement on his website to deport Nigerians from the country if he becomes president. This comes even as his team also deleted the statement on his website to ban Muslims from entering the US.
It was gathered that the page now redirects to another page encouraging voters to donate to his campaign, New Telegraph reports. Trump and his allies had consistently defended the ban, insisting the measure was about Americans’ “safety” and not about discriminating against religion. The said post was made on December 7, 2015 on his website.
Recall there were reports earlier this year that Trump had sent a subtle warning to the Nigerian Community in the US, after he said all Nigerians would be made to leave the country if he becomes President. He reportedly made the ‘threat’ during a rally at Wichita, Kansas, saying Nigerians and Mexicans have taken all the jobs meant for honest hard working Americans.